This is the first question you need to answer if you are trying to self-diagnose your pain before seeking medical confirmation !
How Can you Know ?
Careful observation of every detail that both lead up to your pain and the specific manifestation of the pain symptoms are all important.
So why are we asking you to consider if you have simple pain or something more ? Well the more is Osteo arthritis or perhaps even Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Questions to Ask:
Here are some key considerations and questions you need to be able to answer on this path :
- Is this pain recent or a long term symptom ?
- Do you have a historic or recent injury that might contribute to the current pain ?
- Do you have a confirmed medical condition that might account for the current pain ?
- Did you do anything leading up to the start of the pain that might have caused it ?
- Have you fallen or slept funny ?
- Is it muscle or Joint Pain ?
- Is it related to your Back and therefore unlikely to be an arthritic condition ?
- Do your Joints Feel HOT as is typical for Rheumatoid Arthritis ?
- Is the pain long term or temporary ?
Here are some pain indicators for Arthritis:
- Primarily affect Joints only
- Heat in the joint is typical
- Knuckle and toe joints are almost always the first to be affected.
- Rheumatoid Nodules accompany the pain.
- Epson Salt soaking and hot / cold therapy will ease the pain.
- Affects only joints
- Typically affects the heavy usage joints.
- Typically in the morning before getting out of bed there is no pain.
- The more you use a joint the worse it feels.
- Hot / Cold therapy generally doesn’t help much
- Pain pills always work and this is because the pain is coming from the nerves that envelope your bones.